Monday, April 24, 2023

Week 2 - Approaches and the Problem Set Up: What I learned

 In week two, I learned more about problem-solving. I learned that assessing the problem from all angles and perspectives is important. I learned that having as much information as possible is essential to devise a hypothesis about the problem at hand. The learning resources this week were helpful. I utilized the problem-solving guide document (Walden University, 2014) for discussion posts A and B. I learned of the Attribution Theory this week and was reminded that correlation does not always equal causation (Goldin, R., 2015). I also enjoyed reading The Situation Is Hopeless, But Not Serious: The Pursuit of Unhappiness by Paul Watzlawick. I found chapters 1 - 5 interesting because each referenced different hypotheses for different life challenges.


References

Goldin, R. (2015). Causation vs. Correlation. Retrieved from: https://senseaboutscienceusa.org/causation-vs-correlation/#:~:text=In%20theory%2C%20these%20are%20easy,they%20are%20most%20certainly%20correlated

Walden University. (2014). Problem-Solving-Guidance-Handout. Retrieved April 10, 2023, from: https://waldenu.instructure.com/courses/59156/files/3388739?wrap=1

Watzlawick, P. (1993). The situation is hopeless, but not serious: The pursuit of unhappiness. New York, NY: W. W. Norton & Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3: Reasoning and Pathways: What I Learned

This week we had quite a bit of reading and a few media items. I enjoyed reading about deductive, inductive, and abductive reasoning. The vi...