Sunday, April 16, 2023

Week One - Better Understanding of Problem-Solving

 This week's learning resources reminded me of the importance of multiple perspectives. It also incorporated information about how everyone makes mistakes in their decision-making sometimes. I think the thing I found most fascinating is that there have been scientific studies done regarding intuition as it relates to problem-solving and decision-making. In my personal life, intuition has played a role in many decisions I have made when it comes to problem-solving. I signed up for this class because I thought the name was hilarious, but I can tell that it will be a good course for me as I continue my educational and life journey. I no longer work because I am on disability, but I feel like it is still important to have good problem-solving skills. This is the last course of my undergraduate requirements and I am contemplating changing my program to focus less on communication and more on business management. I believe this course will help me with making my decision by the end of the six weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany, thanks for sharing! I also was interested in reading about how people rely on intuition. I've always believed in following those "gut feelings," but sometimes, I question whether there is a more logical and proof-based reason for certain things. I think this class will be helpful for any direction you wish to choose. I'm excited to be along for the ride with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tiffany, Thanks for sharing, on this topic. I agree with we make mistakes in decision making sometimes. We tend to fix the problem off of impulse and emotions instead of looking at all facts that are presented. I learned that I must listen to all perspectives and approaches before trying to incorporate a solution to a problem. I believe this class will help me on my journey in becoming a Human Serive Professional Practitioner because I will have to make decisions based on someone else's circumstances and want to make sure I have the skills to ensure I am making the best choice for them.

    ReplyDelete

Week 3: Reasoning and Pathways: What I Learned

This week we had quite a bit of reading and a few media items. I enjoyed reading about deductive, inductive, and abductive reasoning. The vi...